Google

Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Las Vegas Golf Club-Local Area Course

“The Muni”
The first golf course that I am focusing on in the Las Vegas area is the Las Vegas Golf Club. It is affectionately referred to as "The Muni" because it is a municipal golf course, open to the public, and owned by the city of Las Vegas. What this means is it is a course that is kept in pretty good shape because it bears the name and the reputation of Las Vegas. It is the oldest golf course in the Valley, and it opened way back in 1938. It recently underwent a $5 million face lift and many have found it to be a great course to view and to play. It also hosts the Nevada State Amateur Tournament every year.

Las Vegas Golf Club Description
It is a flat desert course that has wide fairways which are lined with oak trees and pine trees. For a city owned golf course it has excellent greens, in fact, one golfer said, "I have never seen a municipal owned golf course take such good care of its greens."

As you play golf, you are surrounded by the desert and mountains can be seen in the background. The prices to play are fair and the staff is top notch. One golfer is quoted as saying, "Can't beat the price. Good people employed, I play there all the time..." And another golfer said something similar, "I recommend LVGC to everyone who loves to golf and expects great service."

Besides the beautiful surroundings, the greens, the staff, and the fair prices, the Las Vegas Golf Club also offers a lighted driving range. The course is situated 7.9 miles from the center of North Las Vegas, making it very accessible to go play and to be back into town for Las Vegas' other entertainment.

Negative Feedback
I was surprised that I did not find a lot of golf course reviews for the Las Vegas Golf Club. Most of the ones that I did find were very positive but I did come across a few that had some negative things to say about the course. One person mentioned that it was just a typical municipal course and that he complained about the slow play. Another talked about the condition of the fairways during June to August. He said, "the course burns up every year from June to August. So avoid this course during those months." Obviously this happens because of the hot desert atmosphere, so I thought I would include it in my review so other golfers would be aware of this occurrence.

Las Vegas Golf Club Address, Prices, and Course Information
4300 W Washington Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89107
Phone(s): (702)646-3003
Website: www.lasvegasgc.com

Green fees $69-$89, $49-$69 twilight.

Bermuda grass
Silver Tees-Par 72, 5260 Yards, Rating/Slope: 69.9/113
Black Tees-Par 72, 5917 Yards, Rating/Slope: 68.1/105
Gold Tees-Par 72, 6319 Yards, Rating/Slope: 70.0/112

Conclusion
So from what I can see the Las Vegas Golf Club is a pretty good local area golf course to play. It has beautiful scenery, fair prices, it is open to the public, and the staff is very nice.

The next Las Vegas Area Golf Course that I will be collecting information about will be the Wynn Golf Club.

15 comments :

  1. thanks for the info, it will help me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to take some golf lesson, do you know whom to contact for that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent info given... i really appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Muni has always been the best golf course to play on. I just can't wait to there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Las Vegas has great golf courses

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i think I'll try that course, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good review, sounds like a compelling club. I have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won a trip to Las Vegas last year and got to play on the course Jack Nickolaus built. It was pretty cool. I think it was called the Golden Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. It's exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a fan of golf, and I used to play it before. Do some of you know Pangya?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very nice description of Las Vegas Golf Club. Not to mention the very nice weather you can get which is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The muni is pretty nice since its been updated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The muni in Las Vegas is really nice, under appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tend to agree with the distances. I'm right around the save yardage with my clubs.

    ReplyDelete