Google

Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Aliante Golf Club Las Vegas

Aliante Golf Club
The Aliante Golf Club is located in the North Las Vegas Area, which places it about 20 miles from the Las Vegas Strip. It was built in 2003 and was selected by the Vegas Golfer Magazine as the "Best New Course in Las Vegas".

I couldn't find a whole lot of comments by people that have played this course but I did manage to find a few. One player said, "Aliante is a little out of the way, but it was well worth the trip." And another made this comment, "Nothing to write home about, but worth the price of admission for sure."

Golf Course Features
The course is a par-72, 7,022-yard layout. It was designed by renowned architect Gary Panks and it is managed by OB Sports Golf Management. You are surrounded by spectacular views of desert and of the Sheep Mountains and their 10,000-foot peaks. There are four sets of tee boxes, all having their own names: Eagle, Falcon, Hawk and Dove. The yardages range from 7,022 to 5,340 yards. One golfer made this remark about the fairways, "straight hitters will have a field day. If you slice or hook you will not enjoy the rocks on the sides of the fairways."

One playing tip that I came across gave this warning: "On most tee boxes, it's bombs away, other than perhaps the par-5 third, which features a dry rock bed that darts across the fairway at about 280-300 yards. It's blind, too, so consult your stroke saver before assuming driver is the play."

The course features a driving range, a short game area which has a putting and chipping green as well as a practice bunker. For food there is a bar and grill with a full lunch and dinner menu.

A few sites that I visited, mentioned a meandering rock lined arroyo which crosses the fairways of 14 holes at Aliante Golf Club. I guess I must be kind of dumb because I was not sure what an arroyo was. So I looked it up and it is defined as 'A deep gully cut by an intermittent stream; a dry gulch.' That gave me a little bit better understanding of what they were talking about and I hope it helps you as well.

Aliante Golf Club statistics and Prices
Here is a box that features the golf courses statistics:

I couldn't find a definite price to play Aliante, however the prices seem to range from as low as $25 to as high as $140, depending on the season. If you go to the Aliante Golf Club website you will find some pretty good deals. When I checked, you could play for $85. Not a bad price.

Aliante Golf Club
3100 E. Elkhorn
North Las Vegas, NV 89084
(866) 447-4653

Las Vegas Area Golf Course Conclusion
The Aliante Golf Club doesn't sound real impressive, but for the price it may be worth trying out. I'm sure it suffers from the elements of the desert sun and heat and may at times have burnt fairways and greens. I'd suggest calling ahead of time to find out the current condition of the course.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this small review of the Aliante Golf Club. The next Las Vegas Area Golf Course that I will find information about will be the Siena Golf Club.

9 comments :

  1. I have had a lot of friends recommend this course to me, but I didn't know it was actually that reasonably priced. I'll keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to play there! Thanks! Argh! Sounds like a great course though, and a stellar review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well las vegas deserves something which is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aliante is a challenging and exciting golf course which covers more than 7,000 yards. This Golf course is slightly elevated, which provide unique playing lines and angles and interesting contours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This golf course looks amazing. Very reasonably priced too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually had the pleasure to golf there before and it was amazing. Now being from Illinois out of state courses always seem crazy nice, and maybe that's a grass in greener type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice article, can explain about golf in Las Vegas..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a nice golf course. But I have to admit I have been to better ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey can post some picture of golf course.

    ReplyDelete