Google

Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Bump and Run Chip Shot in Golf

How to Play the Bump and Run Chip Shot
If lowering your golf score is something you are searching for, then consider getting better with your short game. An effective short game area is learning how to play the bump and run golf chip shot. Since this is an easy shot to do and it is very effective in lowering your golf show then learning how to bump and run is surely a shot method that beginners in golf ought to consider learning how to do well.

So What is the Bump and Run Golf Shot?
The bump and run is a shot that you use when your ball misses the green but you are just on or near the edge of the green. Most people grab their lob wedge or their sand wedge and they try to fly their golf ball the whole way to the hole with very little roll. You should instead use a straighter-faced club that pops up the ball slightly into the air and onto the green and let it roll the rest of the way to the hole. You can master this short game shot with a 5-iron, a 7-iron, and a 9-iron. You may be wondering 'which club is the best for the bump and run'? I'm here to tell you that you can use all of them! It simply matters how far your golf ball is off the edge of the green. Here are some bump and run chip shot tips that you can use when you are around the green.

When to Bump and Run with a 5-iron
If your golf ball is within 5 yards of the green use your 5 iron to chip with. At this point you are close enough to the green so you won't need a lot of loft to get the ball air-born and landing on the green. Play your golf ball somewhat in the back of the center of your stance and use your shoulders to swing back and through. Keep your hands out of the shot and center on using a pendulum movement much like you would with your putting stroke. So that's how you bump and run with a 5 iron. Now let's talk about your 7 iron.

How to Bump and Run with a 7-iron
If the golf ball is six to nine yards off of the green then bump and run the shot with a 7-iron. Everything about this shot is then played exactly like you would with your 5 iron. The loft of the 7-iron will get the ball onto the green, and it should land softly and roll the rest of the way to the hole.

Bump and Run Golf Chip with a 9-iron
Bump and run your golf ball with your 9-iron if you're 10 to 15 yards away from the green. Play it exactly the as you would your 5-iron and your 7-iron.

Bump and Run Golf Chip Shot Wrap Up
In order to get good at the bump and run golf chip shot you will need to practice. Chipping your golf ball with this method can up your self-confidence while you are playing the short game. Just remember that the total swing feeling is really like putting. This will help reduce having a lot of swing thoughts than what is necessary. Over time you will become very good at this shot and it will bring down your average golf scores. And so get going and practice how to bump and run your golf ball!

24 comments :

  1. Nice info about Bump and Run Chip Shot. And you right about beginners should know about this trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really helpful advice! my brother in law plays and my husband and I have been considering trying it out. I have a feeling I won't be too good at it though, but I'm sure I'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good technique, already my trainer told about this technique, but not this much, really good explanation and sports words, i took print out and going to practice in fields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice strategies on Bump and Run Chip Shot. A couple of my friends will certainly find this useful. Time to have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need that Online Golf School!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll improve my golf score by doing the bump and run. It is much easier than a high lob shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always play golf during weekends. Much of help. Thumbs up for your site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad taught me this when I was a kid. He used to be able to do this right over trees if he was too close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey buddy, thanks for commenting on my dofollowcool blogger. I like your idea of "keyword exchange" with comments and I will implement your system asap. As for Golfing for beginners, I do not golf and my opinion of it is somewhere between "Golf: A good walk spoiled" and "Golf is the way of life". Just kidding. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i need a golf school for the basics, i don't know how play, eh eh! but i see tournament in tv and i love this sport, nerar my home have a golf camp...now i try ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips. Will really help in Golf. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the golf, and you have a very usefull blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Bump and Run Chip Shot is an excellent tip for beginners, nice one! That's a favorite down here in Orlando, Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this will certianly help me out when I am out on the course next time. Thanks for the wonderful tip. Mabye now I can beat my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would you like to sit in the near or even distant future, their handicap test, we can in good conscience recommend the Golf Academy GmbH Gut Ising am Chiemsee Bavaria. Here are weekly rates offered to the attainment of handicap. In small groups of up to six people you can have fun and earn in just five days, the ability to pass the handicap test. Passing the test is guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an interesting tactic. I'm definately trying on my next round!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Must try it out....I usually seem to give up on the second hole only otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the wonderful tip and post. I definitely practice it today and may be able to beat my friend after practicing 4 to 5 days in this category (Bump and Run chip shot).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah, i agree the bump and run is crucial because I really hate not having that much control of my club when i'm that close to the green.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful tips for me , I hope these great tips are useful for beginners , I understand this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I use this technique to hop the ball over the trees when you're right next to them, it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey i have first time visited on some blog of golf tips, really a nice blog and tips for golf, thanks for all sharings..

    ReplyDelete
  23. First of All Thank you For Sharing Nice Information...........

    I Don't Know How Do Play the Bump and Golf..........

    but After the Reading your blog.....

    we got Some ideas About it..........

    Thank You So Much Again............

    ReplyDelete