Google

Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Average Distance Chart for Golf Beginners

Distance Chart is Now Complete
I have finally completed finding the average distances for golf clubs by using myself, my father, and my oldest son. These yardage distances hopefully will be of benefit for beginners. It took me a little over a month to complete but now I am able to show my average distance chart, plus I have provided a distance chart for my personal set of clubs and what clubs I now use in my bag. Use the link above or in this paragraph to view the golf club distance chart.


Average Golf Driver Distance

If you missed my weeks of posting the distances for each club, you can start here by viewing my results with our drivers. Use this link to view our average golf driver distance.


Average Woods Distance in Yardages

If you missed our average woods distance in yards, click here. We used the 3 wood, 5 wood, and 7 wood.


Yardage Distance for Hybrids

We also used 4 hyrbids of various degrees. We used a 16 degree, a 21 degree, a 24 degree, and a 27 degree hybrid. Click here for average yardage distances for hybrids.


Distances Hit With Golf Irons

If you are looking for average distance hit with golf irons, use this link.


Average Distance With Wedges

We used a pitching wedge, an approach wedge, a gap wedge, a sand wedge, and a lob wedge to get our average distances with wedges.

So if you are looking for average distances or average yardages for golf clubs these posts can help. You really need to find your own yardage averages but these findings can help you get started or if you don't have time, can get you close to what you should have as a beginner in golf. The chart(s) sum up all of our findings.

UPDATE
Here are 2 average distance charts that show average golf club distances and one that shows my average distances with each golf club in my bag.






Average Distance Chart

The above chart is the average distance chart.






My Average Distance Chart

30 comments :

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was a way helpful link. I will have to work on my golfing. I am going next weekend, should be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, as a new golfer, this is a very helpful post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this. Actually I don't know how to play golf but now I know.^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a nice and informative site. Somehow I was drawn to reading the post and I enjoyed a lot. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've checked out the average golf driver distance but I'm still having problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this. This is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very interested in playing golf but I end up playing it online instead. These tips are great. It gave me the confidence I need. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to learn playing golf a long time ago but I don't know when or how to start. Thanks for sharing these useful links. I found lots of educative information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a spreat sheet about averages? Can you give the data on pictures as a xls document?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't really understand golf that well. All I know is there is a bird in golf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great info to share for the first time golfers.Thank you for providing this post .

    ReplyDelete
  14. great site, me as a beginner can really learn some good stuff from your articles

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Only place to buy Golf accessories

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great chart that you've posted here. My buddy started playing golf two summers ago and he is starting to turn the corner with his abilities. He was asking me the other day, "how long should I be hitting," and I didn't know what to tell him. I'm sending him this link for reference. I think he's right on par with all of these distances. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great article. Well I do not play golf till now. But I am so crazy about this game.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the FANTASTIC list! This information is really powerful so so thanks for sharing it :-) Im taking a big look around your site - seems like you have some really useful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, I´ve just printed out your charts which will be very useful for my game next week after a 3 year absence due to illness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can only suggest every rookie golfer to calculate averages for their own swing with their own clubs on a driving range. Use solid hits only in the calculation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks very much with this article, very helpful to me and add my knowledge. I no longer find it difficult to learn to golf, because I'm including the beginners on golf

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great letter you have posted here.I have just started golf and my yardages are slightly further.thanks much to this article, very useful for me and add my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the heads up! In the grand scheme of golf putt lack of five meters is much worse than losing a street or a green. No recovery of a missed putt, but you can almost always recover a bad drive or iron shot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love golf. it is really unbelievilble and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like other people have said here, I like the basic idea of a chart for distances. It can be a big help for an absolute newb to figure out which clubs to use in which situations. However, it would be so much MORE useful for that person to measure out their own distances and make their own personal charts. Being a complete beginner golfer, I can hardly get my drives past 200 yards. The chart up there wouldn't work so well for me then.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, those are some interesting golf stats, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete